The TOEFL® test is the most widely respected English-language test in the world, recognized by more than 9,000 colleges, universities and agencies in more than 130 countries, including Australia, Canada, the U.K. and the United States. Wherever you want to study, the TOEFL test can help you get there.
Other organizations rely on TOEFL scores as well:
- Medical and licensing agencies use them for professional certification purposes
- Immigration departments use them to issue residential and work visas
- Individuals use them to measure their progress in learning English
IELTS is the International English Language Testing System, the world’s proven English language test.
IELTS was one of the pioneers of four skills English language testing over 25 years ago, and continues to set the standard for English language testing today.
IELTS is accepted as evidence of English language proficiency by over 9,000 organizations worldwide. Last year, more than 2.2 million tests were taken globally.
IELTS is recognized as a secure, valid and reliable indicator of true-to-life ability to communicate in English for education, immigration and professional accreditation.
IELTS is jointly owned by British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge English Language Assessment through more than 900 test centres and locations in over 130 countries.
The Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) evaluates advanced-level English language competence of adult nonnative speakers of English. The MELAB is intended for:
- Students applying to United States, Canadian, British, and other educational institutions where the language of instruction is English
- Professionals who need English for work or training purposes
- Anyone interested in obtaining a general assessment of their English language proficiency for educational or employment opportunities
The MELAB is a secure test battery and is administered only by authorized official examiners. Many educational institutions in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and other countries accept the MELAB as an alternative to the TOEFL.
For more than 30 years, the TOEIC® Listening and Reading test has set the standard for assessing English-language listening and reading skills needed in the workplace.
- Listening skills are important for face-to-face communication, meetings, videoconferencing, podcasts and telephone conversations.
- Reading skills are necessary for email, reports, newsletters and other forms of business correspondence.