What is NURSYS?
- Nursys is the only national database for verification of nurse licensure, discipline and practice privileges for RNs and LPN/LVNs licensed in participating boards of nursing, including all states in the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC)
- Nursys provides online verification to a nurse requesting to practice in another state and nurse license lookup reports to employers and the general public
- Nursys allows to:
- Get automated nurse license status using e-Notify
- Look up a License with Quick Confirm
- Get a license verified to another state or Territory
Nursys E-Notify Frequently Asked Questions
Is Nursys e-Notify primary source information?
The information you will receive from e-Notify is pulled directly from Nursys, the only national database for licensure, discipline and practice privileges for RNs and LPN/VNs. Nursys data is compiled from information directly inputted from boards of nursing and is primary source equivalent.
How do I enroll a nurse? What information do I need?
Enrolling your nurses is easy. First, you need his/her license number, license type and the state(s) that issued the license. This information is used to locate the nurse directly from Nursys. Then, you add other information to their profile, including nursing specialty, email and address. For employment verification purposes, you will be required to enter the last four digits of the nurse's social security number and date of birth. You can also add the nurse's cell phone number if you choose to have the system send automatic license expiration reminders on your behalf.
Can I upload several nurses into the system at once?
Yes you can. With bulk upload, you can add multiple nurses into e-Notify by using a file. Specifications and sample files are available to help make this process seamless.